The MBCC is a not-for-profit membership organisation established in 2009 to foster strong business links between Mongolia and the UK. Chaired by Mr John Grogan, it aims to provide a professional and social environment for business people who wish to be introduced to, and become part of, the British-Mongolian business culture and community.
New and noteworthy
New source of business offers
The Mongolian Business Database has created a Business Offers page and a section with Jobs and Tenders on its home page. It also offers to post and circulate information from UK companies through the link. For more information contact Serod.
UK’s next Ambassador to Mongolia
Her Majesty’s new Ambassador to Mongolia is Catherine Arnold. She succeeds Christopher Stuart, who has left the Diplomatic Service. Ms Arnold will take up her appointment in May 2015. Having joined the FCO in 2006, she has worked on a range of issues including human rights, counter terrorism and public affairs. Read more…
Prime Minister Saikhanbileg’s address to the nation
The Business Council of Mongolia has shared with us Prime Minister Ch. Saikhanbileg’s address to the nation delivered on April 5 (click here). In his hard-hitting speech, he noted, “We thought the mining commodities price would always be high, we became too arrogant with the little success we had, we believed that the rest of the world wouldn’t affect us, as if we were aliens. As a result, our hands became tied by our political dispute, which doesn’t bring food to our tables…”
First Doing Business with Mongolia Seminar of 2015
Daily News Feed
- Mongolia and Rio Tinto in Deal to Build Copper Mine - New York Times
- UPDATE 1-Mongolia leans on China as it waits for copper mine-led revival - Reuters
- Sena criticises PM for aid to Mongolia, 'ignoring' distressed farmers - Hindustan Times
- Dubai Chamber seeks stronger bilateral ties with Mongolia - Khaleej Times
- Mongolia, mopeds and Madame Caramel: the best of Photo London – in pictures - The Guardian
- Mongolia luckier than Maharashtra, taunts Shiv Sena - Free Press Journal